Have you created a stamped concrete walkway and are waiting to use it? If yes, you may have to wait a while before you can walk on it. Stamped concrete consists of designs embossed on the concrete. Stamped concrete companies have quite a few suggestions on protecting your walkway from external damages and maintaining stamped concrete. As stamped concrete consists of different phases of construction and different types of stamped material is required, let’s take a look at how it is constructed before you start walking on it.
Constructing A Stamped Concrete Walkway:
Here are the steps included in the construction of a stamped concrete walkway:
- Preparation of the subgrade and laying the foundation of the walkway.
- Upon preparing the subgrade, reinforcements are installed to support the formation.
- These reinforcements are primarily applicable to increase the structural capacity.
- After placing reinforcements, concrete is laid down on the area.
- Flattening is an essential aspect of finishing the construction.
- Once the area is flattened, the stamped concrete is then colored to give an attractive look.
- The stamping then takes place. The concrete has to be stamped properly to keep up with the predetermined design and move along with the mapped markings.
- Once the stamping is complete, you can then conclude by treating stamped concrete to protect the work eventually.
Protecting The Stamped Concrete
If the stamped concrete driveway gets exposed to unexpected weather conditions, the entire stamped concrete walkway can get destroyed. There are several ways of protecting a stamped concrete walkway from water and other weather conditions. You can consider covering the constructed stamped concrete walkway with a plastic sheet to avoid water from seeping inside.
Birds are also a factor that you need to consider when it comes to protecting your stamped concrete. If a bird litters or simply stands on wet stamped concrete, the entire design can be affected. For such reasons, you must consider using a cover that is capable of preventing birds from damaging the stamped concrete walkway.
Concluding on when you can start walking on the stamped concrete is that it can take some time from three to four days. You can contact a stamped concrete company in your vicinity that will help you to construct a stamped concrete walkways. They can give you advice on maintaining your stamped concrete.